Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Our First Days

It's the second day of school and I've finally had a chance to meet the students from all 7 of my classes.  What a great group of kids I'm lucky enough to spend part of every day with. 

In our first class time together, each class helped to create a masterpiece for my room.  These are collaborative artworks that are patterned after the "UP" balloons that carried away the house.  I had each class help me create their own bunch of balloons using their thumb prints to carry away our classroom.

They are kind of hard to see, but across my cabinets are all 7 of my classes and their bunch of balloons.
 
Also during our first day we made name cards that will help me recognize students with the right name (until I can try to start remembering all 200+ students).  In addition, I let them create their own Lego Men.  They could make it look like themselves, their future self or career, or even just a creatively designed figurine.  Here's some of what they created.


It is fun to get to spend time with these kids watching and enjoying their creativity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment